CIVALLI CAVITY INSULATION VICTIMS’ ALLIANCE
GUIDE TO MAKING A COMPLAINT
- Retain a paper trail of all correspondence and NEVER sign any documentation until the case is resolved to your complete satisfaction
- Notify your MP of your problems and ask them to inform Greg Clark Secretary of State (formely Amber Rudd) at BEIS (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (formerly DECC) and register your problems with your local Trading Standards Department via Citizens Advice Bureau.
- CIGA Consumer Champion, Teresa Perchard was appointed as a result of the Parliamentary debate raised by John Denham MP, after lobbying by the CIVALLI co-founder and two others who raised a debate on 3 February 2015 (CWIVA). Please note that from 1/3/2018 Ms Perchard will not be taking on new cases.
CIVALLI is sad to report that the role of Ms Perchard , the Consumer Champion is coming to an end.
As of 1/3/2018 the new procedure is as follows:
You should start by making your compliant to CIGA, who will refer to the installer who undertook the installation. CIGA will let you know that they have done this and will check with you after 2 months whether you have had a satisfactory response to your complaint.
You can contact CIGA by email at email@example.com or using the form on the CIGA website.
CIGA’s address : CIGA, CIGA House, Vimy Court, Vimy Road, Leighton Buzzard, Beds, LY71FG (recorded delivery).
'The process you must follow for a review of your claim by the Customer Services Committee is as follows:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns supported by any documentary evidence. i.e. photographs, reports etc. you would like the Committee to consider. You can alternatively write to the Committee by post at CIGA, CIGA House 3 Vimy Court, Vimy Road, Leighton Buzzard Beds. LU7 1FG.
- Your request for review will be acknowledged by CIGA on behalf of the Committee within 4 working days of its receipt.
- CIGA will provide a copy of its file, synopsis of the claim and its current position to the Committee for consideration within 4 working days of the request for review being received.
- Dependant on the case history and facts of the referral the Chair of the Committee will either review the matter or assign the matter to a panel within the Committee for review.
- A formal response with any recommendation to CIGA will be provided by the Chair of the Committee or a designated member of the Committee within 25 working days of the request for review being received.
Please note that a maintenance condition was added in 2014- condition 3 of 8. Prior to this no maintenance condition existed. The guarantee limit was raised to £20,000 in 2012, 2 years prior to the addition of condition 3 of 8.